Heading on a trip to the Dutch capital and looking for the best hotels in Amsterdam? Then keep reading!
Finding accommodation in Amsterdam can be a challenge. You want to make sure you are in a good area that is close to all the top attractions while still meeting your own preferences. Some different preferences when looking for a hotel are budget, location, views, family friendliness, and more. This post covers all the best hotels in Amsterdam that meet all your preferences!
Finding your perfect accommodation in Amsterdam just got a whole lot easier! Here are the best hotels in Amsterdam for every kind of traveller.
(Disclaimer: Some links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning if you click on the link and make a purchase, I receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you and you may even receive a small discount. See disclosure for more information.)
Best Hotels in Amsterdam
Best Luxury Hotels in Amsterdam
If you are visiting Amsterdam for a special getaway like a romantic holiday, special occasion vacation or anything else then enjoying the city in luxury is the best way to go. As far as accommodation goes in Amsterdam there are plenty of stunning luxurious options with beautiful canals views and more. There are certain areas in Amsterdam that tend to come at a higher price tag, but also better location and views! Check out this post for a complete Amsterdam neighbourhood guide.
Below are some of the best luxury hotels in Amsterdam:
- Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam: This 5 star hotel is located in the heart of Amsterdam on the famous UNESCO World Heritage City Canal Ring. It is made up of a cluster of 17th-century canal palaces put together beautifully. It is one of the best hotels in Amsterdam for luxury.
- Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht – a concept by Hyatt: This hotel sits right on the canal ring in the middle of Amsterdam. It is within walking distance from all the top attractions in the city and is a beautiful place to stay.
- Conservatorium Hotel: This hotel is located in Amsterdam’s museum district within walking distance from some of the city’s most famous museums. The 5 star rating of this hotel is exemplified in the decor, location and more!
- NH Collection Amsterdam Doelen: This hotel was built in the 17th century and is the oldest hotel in Amsterdam. It is a stunning boutique-style hotel located along the Amstel river.
Best Hotels in Amsterdam on a Budget
Accommodation in Amsterdam is typically quite expensive and finding budget options can get difficult, especially during the popular months. However, there are some hotels and hostels that you can find for a budget-friendly stay, without sacrificing too much on comfort, cleanliness, and location.
Here are the best hotels in Amsterdam for budget travellers.
- EasyStayAmsterdam: This is a hostel located in the heart of Amsterdam that will fit within a tighter travel budget. For a budget price, you are located in the perfect place within walking distance of all the top attractions while is worth it.
- ibis Amsterdam City Wes: This is a budget-friendly hotel located just outside the city center. You will have to either use a bike or public transport to get from this hotel to the city – but it comes at a nice price with great rooms.
- BUNK Hotel Amsterdam: This is a new hotel located in Amsterdam North. It is new and offers a lovely interior with large rooms and many amenities. At such a low price it is one of the best hotels in Amsterdam for budget travellers.
Best Hotels in Amsterdam for Couples
Heading to Amsterdam for a romantic getaway? Then you need to stay in one of Amsterdam’s amazing hotels made for romance. There are plenty of wonderful hotels in Amsterdam, with some being better than others for romance and couples! Choose one of these hotels for couples to make your romantic celebration even better.
Here are some of the best hotels in Amsterdam for couples.
- Canal House: This hotel is located in the heart of Amsterdam in one of the best areas in the city. It is within walking distance to the city’s best attractions and prettiest canals. Here you will find boutique-style rooms that are perfect for a romantic getaway.
- The Pavilions Amsterdam, The Toren: This hotel is one of the most elegant and romantic accommodations in Amsterdam. It is located on the famous Keizersgracht canal and is ideal for couples.
- Morgan & Mees: This is a beautiful hotel that is ideal for two people. It is located in Amsterdam West within walking distance to the canal ring. It also has its own amazing restaurant that is perfect for a romantic dinner.
Best Hotels in Amsterdam for Families
Surprisingly Amsterdam is a pretty family-friendly travel destination. There are parts of the city that are not super family-friendly but there are tons of things to do in Amsterdam with children, like children’s museums, parks and activities which are made for families. If you are thinking of visiting Amsterdam as a family, do it!
Here are some of the best hotels in Amsterdam for families.
- Hyatt Regency Amsterdam: This hotel is great for families with big rooms and a central location. You can easily get around with your family in a safe and accessible way.
- Hotel van de Vijsel: This hotel is located in the Oud-West neighbourhood of Amsterdam and is great for families. It is within walking distance of many top attractions.
- Room Mate Aitana: This hotel is located 15 minutes on an artificial island in the IJ River. It is great for families with big rooms and a safe location.
With all these amazing hotels in Amsterdam finding a great place to stay is easy. These are some of the best hotels in Amsterdam for all kinds of travellers!
Like this post? Pin “Best Hotels in Amsterdam” for later!