Planning a visit to the Amalfi Coast and looking for the best hotels in Positano, Italy? Then keep reading!
Positano is one of the most magical travel destinations in the world. It is the ultimate Italian getaway where you will find beautiful beaches, stunning views, and amazing Italian food. A visit to Positano will show you one of the most beautiful places along the Amalfi Coast and one of the most photographed places in Europe. The famous pastel-coloured houses, towering mountains, and black rock beach make Positano a must-visit for travellers of all kinds!
Find the best hotels in Positano for couples, families, on a budget and of course luxury options. In this post you will even find the best hotels near Positano if you want to stay nearby.
(Disclaimer: Some links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning if you click on the link and make a purchase, I receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you and you may even receive a small discount. See disclosure for more information.)
15 Best Hotels in Positano
Best Luxury Hotels in Positano
Positano is one of the most luxurious places in Italy. As a popular travel destination for the rich, there are a plethora of luxury hotels in Positano to choose from. Choosing a luxury hotel promises an impressive stay with a beautiful interior, stunning views and more.
If you are visiting Positano for a honeymoon or special occasion it can be worth it to splurge on a fancy luxury hotel. Below are some of the best hotels in Positano and the best luxery options to narrow down your selection.
- Il San Pietro di Positano: This hotel is a stunning 5 star hotel that offers a private beach, a Michelin star restaurant and beautiful views of the coast. You will also find a tennis court, 2 bars, a spa and more! A stay at Il San Pietro di Positano will have you so in love with the hotel, leaving to explore will be a challenge.
- Le Sirenuse: This is an excellent 5 star hotel located just 200 m from the coast. Le Sirenuse boasts an oyster bar, a private swimming pool, beautiful rooms, and balcony views overlooking the coast.
- Hotel Le Agavi: This hotel is located slightly outside of Positano and offers a luxurious Italian getaway. The 5 star rating is reflected in its authentic private beach, 2 restaurants ran by Michelin-starred chefs and awe-inducing views of the coast.
- Villa Treville: This hotel is set atop a cliff in Positano and promises world-class service. It is built on a 5-acre estate where you can find everything you need and more for a memorable getaway. Fall in love with the suites overlooking the Sea, fresh food and drinks from the bars and restaurants, and your own private beach.
Hotels With the Best Views in Positano
The views of Positano are like nothing else in the world. Waking up and looking out your window to see the Sea, mountains, and colourful houses is something out of a fairytale. If you are seeking the best hotels in Positano with stunning views then these are for you!
- Hotel Casa Albertina: This hotel offers some of the most beautiful views of Positano. Rooms offer either mountain or sea views which are beyond magical. You can also dine on the terrace for some of the best views of the city.
- Casa Passalacqua: This hotel is located in the heart of Positano and within walking distance to various top attractions in the village. The best thing is the mesmerizing views over the city and sea.
- Residence Villa Yiara: The view! This hotel has some of the best views of Positano from all angles. You can find ocean views, city views, and mountain views. This is the perfect place for anyone looking for the most beautiful views of Positano!
Best Budget Hotels in Positano
Budget and Positano are two things that typically don’t go hand in hand. However, having a budget-friendly holiday in Positano is not as hard as it seems. There are plenty of accommodations that come with a lower price tag – however – you will have a hard time finding something SUPER budget-friendly. Take a look at these options below and if they are still outside of your budget consider accommodation outside of Positano in Sorrento, Capri, or Amalfi.
- CASA DAMA: This is a hotel with a great location that will fit into a tighter budget. There are many amenities and some rooms come with their own terrace.
- Casa Fortunata: This hotel is 10 minutes from Positano and offers a super budget-friendly option in this area. This quaint villa offers an ocean view and more.
- La Mammola: This charming B&B is located in the heart of Positano just a 5 minute walk to the beautiful beaches. The rooms are small, but some offer balconies with city views that are devine.
Best Hotels For Couples in Positano
Positano is one of the most romantic places in Europe and the perfect place to visit for couples. It has the best atmosphere for romance making it one of the top destinations for travellers on romantic getaways like honeymoons and anniversaries. Some of the best hotels in Positano are made for romance! Below are some of the top options for lovers looking for the perfect getaway in the perfect accomodation.
- Hotel Eden Roc Suites: This hotel is the perfect place to spend a romantic getaway with your partner. The spacious bright rooms, panoramic views of the city, and rooms with sea view terraces make it the perfect place to get away and fall more in love.
- Hotel Conca d’Oro: This is a romantic and secluded hotel that is ideal for a romantic vacation. It is a 4-star hotel with its own amazing restaurant that serves candlelight meals on the city and sea-view terrace. The rooms are elegant as well.
- Hotel Poseidon: Sea views, sun terrace and your own private pool – that’s what this hotel has to offer. It is the perfect place for romance with its beautiful views, spacious rooms, and a wellness area with a Turkish bath carved into the rocks.
Best Hotels for Families in Positano
Bringing your family to Positano for a seaside getaway is a great idea. The slow pace and safe culture that is Positano makes it the perfect place to escape to for a family getaway. There are plenty of great hotels in Positano for families.
- Hotel Royal Positano: Plenty of family rooms to choose from plus a huge pool to enjoy! Bringing the kids for an early morning swim is very easy with the huge cliffside pool, plus enjoying the views from within the cliffs is stunning.
- Positano Art Hotel Pasitea: This hotel offers stunning rooms with a sea view balcony and its own wine bar. With rooms fit for families it is a great place to stay.
How to get to Positano
There are a few ways to get to Positano:
- Bus: The bus is the cheapest way to get to Positano and is used after arriving in either Sorrento or Salerno by train. From here you can take the public transport bus until you arrive in Positano.
- Car: The quickest and most expensive way to get to Positano is by car. The closest airport to Positano is in Naples. From here you can take a car directly to Positano which will cost anywhere from 60€ – 80€ and takes around 1 hour.
- Ferry: There are two ways in which you can take a ferry to Positano. One is by going to the Naples port and taking the Ferry from Naples to Sorrento and onwards to Positano. This costs around 20€ and takes around 45 minutes. Option two is to take the ferry from Salerno to Positano which costs around 15€ and takes around 35 minutes.
When to Visit Positano
The best time to visit Positano is during the shoulder seasons of spring (April to June) and fall (September to October). During these months, the weather is pleasant, with mild temperatures and fewer crowds compared to the peak summer season. Here’s what you can expect during different times of the year:
- Spring (April to June): This is a great time to visit Positano as the weather starts to warm up, flowers bloom, and the town comes to life. The temperatures are comfortable, ranging from around 15°C (59°F) to 25°C (77°F). It’s an ideal time for outdoor activities, exploring the beaches, and enjoying the scenic beauty of the Amalfi Coast.
- Summer (July to August): This is the peak tourist season in Positano, with the town bustling with visitors. The weather is hot, with temperatures reaching around 30°C (86°F) or higher. While the beaches are inviting, be prepared for larger crowds and higher prices. It’s advisable to book accommodations and activities well in advance during this period.
- Fall (September to October): The fall season brings pleasant temperatures and fewer tourists compared to summer. It’s a great time to enjoy the beaches and explore the town without the summer crowds. The temperatures range from around 15°C (59°F) to 25°C (77°F), making it comfortable for outdoor activities and sightseeing.
- Winter (November to March): Positano experiences a mild winter with temperatures ranging from around 10°C (50°F) to 15°C (59°F). While the town is quieter during this time, some shops and restaurants may have reduced hours or be closed. It can be a good option for those seeking a peaceful getaway and lower prices.
Ultimately, the best time to visit Positano depends on your preferences and priorities. Consider factors like weather, crowd levels, and your desired activities to choose the time of year that suits you best.
Getting travel insurance before you travel is a MUST. It’s the number one thing you should always pack before travelling that can save you a lot of money, time, and stress. With how crazy travel has gotten recently you need that peace of mind that no matter what happens there is something protecting you from losing out. I always travel with travel insurance and think everyone should.
I always travel with travel insurance and think everyone should. Below is my favorite travel insurer Safety Wings, enter your details to get a free quote!
This list of the best hotels in Positano is everything you need to plan your Italian getaway.
Like this post? Pin “Best Hotels in Positano” for later!