If you are a lover of the water and looking for somewhere unique and beautiful to splash around, look no further than the top Montenegro beaches. Despite its small size, the country of Montenegro is filled with beautiful blue water beaches surrounded by stunning mountains. In fact, Montenegro’s coast is 295km along the Adriatic Sea providing ample opportunity for beautiful beaches to arise. From Sveti Stefan Beach to Mogren Beach to Jaz Beach, ranging from Herceg Novi all the way to the Albanian border this country is a beach lovers paradise.
If you are planning a Montenegro beach holiday I have some good news for you! The beaches aren’t the only beautiful thing about this country. There are tons of other things to do and see while visiting, and the best part is Montenegro isn’t as saturated with tourism as other European countries! This makes it a very rare European destination, that offers the best of the best. If you are planning on visiting more than the beaches, follow a Montenegro itinerary to ensure you don’t miss out on anything!
Read More: The Best of Montenegro: Led by a local
Top 10 Montenegro Beaches
In This Post
Sveti Stefan Beach, Budva Montenegro
Sveti Stefan beach is located in the beautiful town of Sveti Stefan, right near Budva. The town itself is absolutely stunning to wander around and the beach lining the Adriatic Sea is even better.
The water is a vivid blue and the whole 2km beach is lined with sand. Fun fact: the sand is actually pink! This leads to a really interesting experience and some pretty cool holiday photos.
- Be careful about where you sit on the beach. There are two sides: the busy one which is free and the (almost always) empty one that belongs to a resort. The cost to stay on the resort side is 100€ per day for non-guests!
- Sveti Stefan is a pretty expensive city for accommodation, therefore I suggest you stay in the nearby city of Budva.
Mogren Beach, Budva Montenegro
If you are on the hunt for an easily accessible and super unique beach then Mogren beach is perfect for you! The beach is sandy, and the water is clear and beautiful, but the best part is the views beyond the beach. Behind the beach is the city center of Budva and beyond that are stunning mountains surrounding the city. At Mogren beach, you get beauty for all directions.
This beach is separated into two sections and is connected by a tunnel. If you want fewer people around the side further from the city center is less busy.
Since this beach is right in the city it is super easy to get to and if you aren’t in the mood to travel a distance to get to a beach this is perfect.
- Head here early as it can get pretty busy with locals.
- The beach itself is free, but if you want a sunbed, they cost 15€ per person.
Jaz Beach, Budva Montenegro
Jaz Beach is another stunning location just a short distance from Budva. It is surrounded by stunning mountains full of green flora that make for some breathtaking views. This beach has actually been voted one of the top beaches in all of Europe!
The beach itself is very long and has pebbles instead of sand. I prefer pebbles because they cause less of a mess.
- If you are an adventure junky this is a great place for you. This beach offers kayaking, surfing, and waterskiing.
- Since the beach is long there is always a lot of space and doesn’t ever feel super crowded.
Becici Beach, Budva Montenegro
Becici beach is a much calmer beach located near Budva. Despite being quieter than the other Montenegro beaches it still offers plenty of adventurous activities for tourists to engage in.
This beach is also quite big – up to 100m wide at some points – therefore, there is a lot of space and crowdedness is not an issue! If you are needing an escape from the bustle of the city this offers a perfect solution to unwind and just soak up some sun in peace.
- Check out the promenade at this beach. There are plenty of restaurants to try and ice-cream stands to cool you off after sitting in the sun all day.
- This beach offers water-sports such as kayaking and surfing, if you are into adventure this is a nice place to engage.
Petrovac Bay, Budva Montenegro
Petrovac Bay is one of the best beaches in Montenegro. The golden sand and aqua blue waters will take your breath away! In addition to its beauty, the beach is also very alive and there is always lots going on and things to see. I love people watching so beaches, where I can lay and watch people, makes for great entertainment and a great day.
- This is a great beach for families.
- On the promenade above the beach, there are a bunch of shops, cafes, and restaurants where you can indulge.
Ploče Beach, Budva Montenegro
The beaches in downtown Budva are some of those Montenegro beaches that can get overwhelming. When this happens to take a 15-minute drive or boat ride to Polce beach! This beach is not located in a specific city but is still very popular. There are swimming pools built into tanning areas, plenty of rocks to jump off of and even some restaurants.
This is a pretty unique beach in Montenegro that is full of people but not a city building insight. There are also daily beach parties here full of great music, tasty drinks, and dancing!
- Take the 5€ boat ride to get here, its a great ride and a nice way to see the coast.
- If you are feeling sick of seeing buildings and want to experience be free of these views for a while, this is a great option.
Lucice Beach, Petrovac Montenegro
Lucici beach is located in a small cove a short distance away from the main Petrovac beach. This beach really showcases all the beauty of this Mediterranean country. The trees lining the beach and the crystal clear water make this one of the most picturesque Montenegro beaches.
This beach has sun-beds for rent, or you can just bring a towel and soak up the sun for free!
- Bring a snorkel and explore the clear waters.
- Plan to spend a day here and head to one of the restaurants for a nice lunch before heading back to the waters.
Buljarica Beach, Petrovac Montenegro
Buljarica beach is the absolute best beach to escape the crowds. It’s a hidden gem amongst all the Montenegro beaches that offers a nice break from people. I love being around people and watching how people in different countries interact and such, but I also love being able to relax without someone 1 meter away from me. So, if you are anything like me you will adore this beach.
- This beach has lots of space so if you have a large family or are with a group its perfect for finding ample room to all sit together
- Bring some snacks and drinks
Plavi Horizonti, Tivat Montenegro
Plavi Horizonti is one of the beach sandy beaches in Montenegro. The beach located on the Luštica peninsula and is actually quite big. It is also favorite among locals, mainly for its clean placid waters. A day here is sure to be peaceful and full of relaxation.
- This beach is one of the more difficult ones to get to. Make sure you plan ahead for whatever mode of transportation you have.
- Bring your snorkels! The clear blue water here is optimal for observing marine life
Ada Bojana, Bojana Montenegro
Ada Bojana is not located on the Adriatic Sea like the previous beaches, but actually right by the Albanian border! The sandy beach is 3km long and is very different from all the others. Most of the beach is a clothing adverse but near the Nothern end of the beach, there is a more modest area.
- This is a great beach for all the adventurous people out there, activities include volleyball, mini football, horseback riding and more!
- This is on the other side of the country (granted the country is tiny) but be wary of differences.
- As I mentioned, this is an adverse clothing beach! Do not go here if this offends you or makes you feel uncomfortable
Murici Beach, Lake Skadar
This makes it “top 11 beaches” so it is almost like a bonus beach!
Murici beach is an inland beach in Montenegro that offers all the same beauty and more! It is located along Lake Skadar which is a UNESCO World Heritage site and offers some peace and quiet. This is a great option to see something different in Montenegro and to enjoy the untouched nature of the country.
- Take a boat ride to view this beach and surroundings from the water.
- Enjoy a nice meal and some Montenegro wines.
As you can tell the Montenegro beaches are all absolutely stunning and every single one of them brings something unique to the table. There really is an option for everyone, whether you prefer being in the bustle of the city, or a quiet hidden location, or experiencing some of what nature has to offer.
Montenegro is a stunning country and you can see a lot of it in just a few hours! You should consider doing a Montenegro day trip next time you are in Croatia.
If you are heading to Montenegro I highly suggest you check out one or more of these beaches for a lovely Mediterranean experience.
Save this post for later. PIN IT!